Monday, January 24, 2011

Birthday Card....

Here is my latest challenge entry. It is for the Fantabulous Cricut website: http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenge%20Me%20Monday
I made a birthday card for my sweet sister's upcoming birthday. The challenge was to create a craft with an image of something "sweet" on it using your Cricut. I have wanted to do something with a cupcake on it for a while now. So, I thought, "I will make my sweet sister something sweet for her birthday!" I made this cupcake using the "Celebrations" Cricut cartridge. The cherry on top is from "Sweet Treats" cartridge. I used by "Big Bite" for the first time and inserted four eyelets in each corner to lace the ribbon around the card. Wow! I am so glad I purchased this! And at 50% off! I laced the ribbon through the "wrapper" of the cupcake because I wanted the ribbon to still show where the cupcake needed to go. I used the "Alphalicious" cartridge for the scalloped oval as well as the plain oval. I used my new texture tool to give the background heart paper some texture. It kind of looks like sprinkles to me. Fitting huh?! :)
I stamped the design on the oval and the saying "hello cupcake". I used paper from "The Sweet Stack", ribbon, eyelets, printed paper, glitter paper, shimmer paper, clear stamps, black ink and of course, adhesive. I hope you enjoyed my latest creation. Thanks for visiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment